- The New Agenda for HR Professionals
Changing business realities and increased stakeholder demands require of HR professionals to re-think their contribution to the business. They need to reposition themselves as respected business partners and change leaders in their organisations.
The partnering process requires a new set of competencies and relationship building strategies. Gaining credibility and trust, as well as influencing Line Mangers' perceptions and expectations, are key to successfully developing strategic partnerships.
This workshop is aimed at providing HR professionals with a thorough understanding of what the process of "Business Partnering" entails and addresses some of the critical competencies, processes and relationship management strategies required.
On completion of this workshop learners will be able to:
- Explain what the role of the "HR Strategic Business Partner" entails
- Discuss the drivers behind the new agenda for HR professionals
- Discuss the role of the Line Manager in the new model
- Consider and act on Line Managers' views and expectations of their "HR Business Partners"
- Understand what Strategic HR Professionals do differently
- Apply a range of practical relationship building and personal positioning strategies in order to become a Strategic Business Partner
- Identify and gain access to strategic partners in the business
- Differentiate between "tactical solutions" and "strategic initiatives"
- Transition clients from a tactical to a strategic relationship
- Identify the competencies they require to excel as Strategic Business Partners
- Prepare themselves and their teams to support the strategic initiatives that will come their way
Interested in this program? Click here to contact us for a quotation.