FACILITATION SKILLS FOR LINE MANAGERS
- Get People to Work Together & Help Groups to Achieve their Goals
This program is aimed at providing Line Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders with effective facilitation and group management skills.
Delegates will be equipped with practical techniques and tools to promotemeaningful participation, positive interaction and results-focused communication in group settings.
They will also learn how to manage group dynamics and deal with challenging situations and "difficult" people group members.
On completion of this program learners will be able to:
- Explain why it is necessary to adopt a facilitative approach to group discussions and meetings
- Evaluate and improve own facilitation style
- Plan and prepare for a facilitation session in terms of resources, locations, material and possible communication barriers
- Use a range of professional communication and facilitation skills
- Gather information from group members using specific techniques and processes
- Apply problem solving and decision making techniques in a group context
- Understand and manage the interpersonal dynamics of a group
- Effectively use visual aids and materials to direct attention and facilitate understanding
- Confidently handle the following problems:
- Lack of progress due to differing viewpoints
- Resistance and objections
- Poor participation / Excessive talkers
- Side conversations
- Deviation from the topic
- Practical ideas for improving facilitation sessions
Interested in this program? Click here to contact us for a quotation.