TEAM LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- Lead your Team to Success
The Team Leadership Program is aimed at providing Team Leaders with practical skills and tools to deal with the challenges and complexities related to managing a team of people (that often were peers in the recent past).
The program can be viewed as an introduction to managing people and a first level leadership development intervention.
Module 1: SELF MANAGEMENT
Module 1 of this program is aimed at empowering learners to take responsibility for their own emotions and actions - in all situations. The focus is on developing learners' ability to manage their emotions and choose appropriate behavioural responses to situations (as opposed to "reacting without thinking").
Module 2: COMMUNICATE WITH CONFIDENCE
Module 2 focuses on inter-personal effectiveness.
The ability to communicate effectively and assertively is a non-negotiable for Team Leaders. During this module Team Leaders will learn how to positively influence verbal encounters by applying specific skills and techniques that are designed to build trust and promote co-operation. They will also learn how to communicate skillfully and purposefully in pressure situations.
This module lays the foundation for module 3.
Module 3: MANAGING CHALLENGING INTER-PERSONAL SITUATIONS & CONVERSATIONS
Module 3 is aimed at empowering learners with the competencies required to confidently and effectively deal with specific scenario's and people management challenges that Team Leaders face on a daily basis.
Specific processes and techniques for handling "difficult" people and situations are discussed and practiced.
Delegates will learn:
Module 1: SELF MANAGEMENT
- What the role of the Team Leader entails
- What it takes to become an effective Team Leader
- About the principles involved in personal transformation
- How to stop patterns of blaming and complaining and respond pro-actively to challenges
- How to focus their energy and become more efficient in everything they do
- How to identify limiting thought patterns and beliefs
- How to change patterns and habits that lead to stress and unwanted outcomes
- How to develop new ways of thinking and acting that will lead to success
- How to apply emotional management techniques in challenging situations
- How to motivate themselves and bounce back in times of adversity
- How to handle criticism
Module 2: PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- How to present their ideas in a professional and concise manner
- How to express their emotions constructively
- How to establish rapport
- To listen actively and unconditionally
- How to communicate understanding of other's thoughts and feelings
- How to use questions in order to get quality information
- How to give constructive feedback
- How to elicit feedback from others and respond appropriately to feedback
- How to influence others
- Various strategies to improve and maintain their relationships with others
Module 3: HANDLING CHALLENGING INTER-PERSONAL SITUATIONS
Delegates will learn how to handle the following situations confidently and purposefully:
- How to act as mediator: Dealing with conflict in the team
- How to discuss work related problems with an employee
- How to respond to exceptional performance
- How to coach an employee
- How to handle a dissatisfied employee
- How to address poor performance
- How to address troublesome personal habits
- How to prepare employees for "stretch tasks"
In addition, Team Leaders will learn how to:
- Facilitate goal oriented, effective meetings
- Solve problems and take decisions in a team context
Interested in this program? Click here to contact us for a quotation.